We change the polymer properties through physical networks, e.g. GELS. This patent protected technology was first developed for renewable polymers and later on for synthetic polymers (e.g. starch).
swissGEL has a fully equipped laboratory, excellent staff and further resources of material scientists, physicists, chemists and food scientists in the NovoGEL group. With this background we are able to rapidly prototype new formulations and conduct the product development.
- Coperion co-rotating twin screw extruder, model ZSK-26 Mc, equipped with:
- Coperion twin screw side feeder, model ZS-B 25
- Busch liquid ring vacuum pump, model VL 0030
- Maag gear pump, model extrex® 36-GP
- Verbruggen flat die with flexlip, width = 250 mm
- Dr. Collin counter-rotating twin screw extruder, model ZK50/12D
- Dr. Collin chill roll, model CR136/350
- Krauss Maffei injection moulding machine, model KM30-55C
- Shimadzu universal testing machine, model AG-X 10
- Mettler differential scanning calorimeter, model DSC 30
- Zwick extrusion plastometer, model 4106.100
Krauss Maffei - click to enlarge
Collin - click to enlarge
Simadzu - click to enlarge